Friday 10 August 2012

{Banana Loaf}

A wee while ago I was sent some goodies from Graham's Dairy. They've been revamping their organic range to give the products a 'fresher' image.


I do buy Graham's milk, but haven't bought the organic one before. If I'm honest I'm not sure that I noticed the difference. But that's probably because all I really do is put milk in my tea, I can't face drinking it straight - eugh! The test would be comparing them side by side (that's the scientist in me!!). Anyway, I was also sent some organic butter and cream. What did I do with them... I decided to bake a cake!

Here's the recipe for the Banana Loaf I made, which is from 'Baking with kids' by Linda Collister:

250 g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
75 g light brown muscovado sugar
75 g caster sugar
100 g unsalted Graham's organic butter, melted
2 large free-range eggs, lightly whisked with a fork
2 large ripe bananas, peeled and fork-mashed
75 g plain chocolate, chopped into chunks



1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) or Gas 4.

2. Grease a loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper (I used a silicone loaf tin and didn't use greaseproof paper, just some margarine to grease the sides).

3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugars and stir with a wooden spoon. Make a well in the centre.

4. Add the eggs, melted butter, bananas and chocolate into the well in the bowl.

5. Mix until fully combined.

6. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for approximately 55 minutes.

The cake was amazing! Especially served warm with a drizzle of Graham's organic cream (who am I kidding, it was covered in cream!!). I've made a few cakes from this book before and they've all been a success - I'd highly recommend it to other parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...