Wednesday 28 November 2012

{Look Good, Feel Good}

At the weekend I asked my Twitter followers for some advice on under eye concealers. The lack of sleep is starting to take it's toll, and the current product I use just isn't good enough (Lancome Teint Miracle)! The consensus seemed to be Bobbi Brown, so I hit the shops, but unfortunately there wasn't a Bobbie Brown concession at the department store so I ended up getting a MAC concealer instead (Pro Longwear Concealer). So far so good and I'm impressed with my choice. Coverage is good, it doesn't feel too thick on my skin and it lasts the day too.

I thought I'd share a few of my other make-up essentials. I've mentioned before my mum's mantra of 'look good, feel good' and I do believe that a bit of make up can do wonders for my mood & confidence level! A year ago I had a make-up lesson with a friend who is a MAC make-up artist, and I'm still using a number of the products that she recommended.

My current foundation of choice is MAC Studio Fix Fluid. For a while I was using Bare Minerals but my skin has become a bit spotty of late (stress I think!) and so I needed better coverage. When I have a night out I team this with a primer so it lasts longer.

Here are my fav eyeshadow colours that I layer up for a smokey-ish neutral eye:



MAC Black Tied (black w/ silver sparkle)

My last essential product is mascara. I currently use Estee Lauder Double Wear, on the basis of my friend's recommendation. I'm less convinced with this product now than a year ago when I first tried it. I may revert back to the mascara I used to use - Chanel Inimitable. For night's out I've been applying strip false eyelashes from Sally Salon Services and I love the effect it has. I wish I could achieve a more dramatic look for day-to-day with mascara - suggestions anyone?

BTW, for those of you in Glasgow - there is a new MAC counter at Debenhams in Silverburn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...