Tuesday 1 January 2013

{January Joy - 1st Jan}


So, it is my intention to join in with Florence Finds January Joy... I'm not promising I'll have a post for each of the items, but I will do my best. I'm sat at my desk, at 9.45pm on New Year's Eve writing this post which I will schedule for tomorrow. The kids have been fast asleep since 7.30pm and I've enjoyed an evening to myself, painting my nails a nice sparkly pink for 2013!


The first item on the list is to make some resolutions. I've already been giving this some thought, and sadly enough I have a note in my iPhone with a few resolutions that have come to mind during the last few days or so. But again, I'm not making any promises. If I can do one or two from this list I'd be happy!

1. Get organised

In particular, I'd like to start meal planning and cook more from scratch. I've been far too lazy of late! But as well as the food, I'd like to plan ahead with friends & family for play dates, visits etc. I've been a bit better at this over the past few months and what a difference it makes to have things organised in advance.

I bought a new family calendar today to replace my old 2012 one and I'm feeling inspired and motivated!


2. Bake more regularly with the little ones


3. Make further progress with my 35 at 35 list

So far I've ticked 7 items off my list, with one item lined up for January, and hopefully a sky dive in the Spring (eek!)

4. Handle my finances better

I have to admit that I'm fairly rubbish with money. I want to start saving money properly, pay off my student debt and just be a bit more sensible.

5. Get crafty

I pin all these amazing ideas... and occasionally I get around to doing something with them, but I'd like to spend a bit more time getting crafty, especially now that the kiddies are getting a little bit older.


So there you have it, five resolutions that I'd like to try and stick to for 2013. I'm sure there are more that I could have added to that list, but that will keep me going I reckon!!

Have you made any resolutions, what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...