Thursday 14 March 2013

{Red Online Magazine}

I was delighted to have a snippet of my local knowledge included in the Red Online Magazine's Glasgow Guide, written by Lee Cobaj. You can read the full article here.


Anyway, I thought I would reveal the other insider tips that I shared with Lee...


On a sunny day Pollok Country Park is brilliant. There is a fully enclosed play park with zip line which is great for the little ones (& adults too!), there is lots of woodland to explore and after working up an appetite you can head to the nearby Burrell Collection for a browse and a bite to eat in the cafe. 
In terms of places to eat - we love 'eat cafe' in Shawlands which is family friendly and the food is fantastic. They do an amazing breakfast... stornoway stack is my favourite (black pudding, muffin, poached egg & hollandaise) and the cakes are lovely too (they get the thumbs up from my son & daughter!). It's also where we went for my sister's hen party!

For lunch, one of my favourite places is the cafe at House for an Art Lover. The food looks and tastes beautiful and there are lots of lovely items in the attached gift shop. One of my favourite haunts for dinner is Tinto Tapas Bar in Battlefield (not really suitable for taking my little toddlers though, but would be ok for older kids). It's a great wee restaurant with a lovely atmosphere. You'll need to book a table though. Have a look at this post for other places to eat in the Southside.

Whitespace Kids is a quirky design-led kids shop on Sinclair Drive. I haven't actually been in the shop myself - it's on my list of places to visit, but my mum friends have said it's lovely. You can find some of my other favourite gift shops here although I was sad to see that Annie's has now closed.

So, there you have it - Glasgow Mummy's little insider guide to Glasgow's Southside :-)

Glasgow's sandstone houses

Glasgow Cathedral
The Squinty Bridge!

Glasgow Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...