Friday 12 April 2013

{Project #RecipeSwap - White Chocolate Tiramisu}

Crysta over at A Hat Full of Wool sent me her recipe for White Chocolate & Cocoa Tiramisu as part of The Mrs Makes #RecipeSwap.

There was even a Green & Black's white chocolate bar included (thank you!)... which I demolished prior to even thinking about making the tiramisu... whoops!


The next day I hit the shops to collect all the necessary ingredients (& more white chocolate!) and that evening I assembled the dessert. I cannot stress how easy it was to make - so simple and very quick! I took the tiramisu into my work and my colleagues & I demolished it in minutes!! All really enjoyed it and there have been lots of requests for the recipe.

So, without further ado, here it is:

{Ingredients}

1 mug brewed cocoa
60 g caster sugar
1 packet of sponge fingers
250 g mascarpone cheese
300 mL double cream
100 g white chocolate
2 tbsp milk
30 mL creme de cacoa (I couldn't find this at my supermarket, so used espresso amaretto instead)

{Method}

Layer the sponge fingers in a deep glass dish (Crysta says it works with 1 or 2 layers, so I did 2).

Pour enough of the brewed cocoa to soak the fingers.

Melt the white chocolate with the milk in a dish over a saucepan of simmering water.

Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks (I used an electric hand whisk). Mix in the caster sugar, white chocolate & milk mixture, mascarpone and creme de cacoa.

Cover the sponge fingers in the mascarpone mixture and refrigerate overnight.

Sprinkle some cocoa over the top and serve.

Getting ready to cook!

The assembled tiramisu in my Pampered Chef trifle bowl ready for the fridge

The next morning, after sprinkling with cocoa powder, I dotted some white chocolate hearts on the top for decoration :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...