Sunday 5 May 2013

{Sunday Roundup}

This week has flown by! I've been very busy with work at the start of the week, and then on Tuesday my dad & Jo arrived. I went along on Wednesday afternoon as usual to collect the kids from nursery with Jo (my dad was busy at a local golf shop getting fitted for new clubs!) and my littlest was shouting 'Jo' as soon as she saw us. It was lovely to see that she remembered Nanny Jo and Grandad as I hadn't prompted the kids that they were coming to stay.

We had a lovely few days enjoying the grandparents being around. Following a visit to the Museum of Rural Life on Thursday,  my son has talked and talked about the cow that he saw doing a poo. He was even acting out the event earlier today with his plastic farm animals!! You can see some more photos from our visit here.

My good friend Gemma was in Glasgow this week for her PhD viva voce (which she passed - yay!). We met for a drink on Tuesday night and she also popped into my house on Friday morning with her boyfriend to meet my kiddies, who were totally hyper!! I hadn't seen Gemma for 5 years and it was really nice to see her and catch up.

The weather has been a bit of a mixed bag... when is the nice weather going to appear, and stay?? When it's been dry we've been making the most of it and have been spending lots of time in the garden. I'm sure this time last year I was enjoying dinners out on the patio though!!

Have a peek at my competition that is currently running... you can win a set of beautiful fairy lights from Blaze On.

My new tumble dryer arrived...but getting it out of the polystyrene was not great :-/

I received some lovely #PostCircle mail with a gorgeous crotchet flower

The Enchanted Garden fairy lights I received from Blaze On

I received a goodie bag from King #Mojo
 
In keeping with my previous week's #SmittenSaturday post, I've been doing well with the running. I even managed to top the leader board, but it lasted all of one day!!
Please do join in with #SmittenSaturday - the linky is open each week from Saturday until Friday

Waiting patiently for another cow to poo!!

The sun came out, for all of 5 min! I ditched my North Face parka for my Ted Baker trench coat... but I'm now back in the parka!!
 
How was your week? Sx

1 comment:

  1. The Museum of Rural Life looks good. I love those fairy lights too!

    Hannah

    thesublimetimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...