Wednesday 22 May 2013

{Wobbles Wednesday}

I'm joining up with The Naked Mum's Wobbles Wednesday blog hop for the first time today.

My weight has been slowly creeping up and up and I'm really disappointed in myself for letting this happen as I had done so well to lose the weight in the first place. I went from 13 stone 10 lbs down to 10 stone 4 lbs in 2011 with a combination of running, weights (light ones!) and healthy eating. You can see my before and after pics here.

This winter has dragged on and on - the horrible weather and dark nights didn't help with my running efforts... however, despite stopping exercising as much I continued to eat loads and loads... hence the weight gain! The other month I was sitting at 11 stone 11 lbs.... 1.5 stone over what I was before.

My sister has given me some motivation to get back into the running and it's been going really well. It's the 22nd of May right now and according to my Nike running app I have run 46.1 miles this month!!

My weight is slowing coming back down and this morning I weighed in at 11 stone 4lbs. Ideally I'd like to lose another 7lbs and I'll be happy. But progress is soooo slow and I love my food far too much!!

Perth Mummy and I are using My Fitness Pal - we're doing weekly weigh ins on a Wednesday and I'm being honest with my food diary... it seems to be working thus far.

This weekend I have two weddings to go to and I know my weight is just going to go up again. I'm going to stick to gin & slim line rather than wine and I will try my best to stay away from the buffet table when I have the late night drunken munchies!! I have bought some new spanx-style pants to suck in my flabby tummy... they work a treat!!









9 comments:

  1. well done! you did so well on your original weight loss and now your so positive i have no doubt you will lose it all again now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers (& toes) crossed! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely to have you along with the Wobbles Wednesday wonders. You got me going in the first place so I will always be thankful for that. I did well and then when I lost my Dad it piled on again but 2 stones lighter again so it can be done.
    Not up to date with your love life but sometimes that does not help either in terms of letting the weight thing take a back seat when loved up.
    Of course, there is always the exercise ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing a lot of comfort eating - tiredness & stress I think... have been turning to cake & chocolate far too much!!

      You're right though about the relationship part though as I'm eating out more too. Your last comment has made me blush Kate!! x

      Delete
  3. Well done on getting back on the wagon :) I'm sure you will manage to hit your target again.

    I need to motivation to join you all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivation is lacking right now... eldest still up for some reason whereas I'm knackered and want to eat chocolate... I know it's in the cupboard which makes it harder! Argh!!

      Delete
  4. Well done on getting back on track and good luck for the week ahead :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your achievement so far! I've joined myfitnesspal recently and think its great for keeping motivation high for weight loss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...