Thursday 6 June 2013

{Save the Children, Food for Thought}

I love watching my children learn and I try to make sure they have good food which of course is so much easier in the UK than it is in some countries.  Save the Children's Food for Thought report shows if you don't get nutrition right in the first 1000 days of a child's life, there is permanent damage to the development of their brains.  This means they never can catch up and so they have poorer life chances.

I've travelled a bit during my 31 years and some of the sights I've seen is frightening... one that springs to mind was visiting the townships in Johannesburg, South Africa. The conditions that some of the little children were living in was really upsetting.

There is enough food for everyone in the world and yet hunger continues to wreck lives.  I am going to think what I can do about that and I urge you to too.


You can find the link to the petition here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...