Friday 5 July 2013

{Recipe: Spicy Prawn Patties}

Pre-children I used to entertain at home frequently. I love to cook and I've even been on a few night classes to hone my skills.

The menu that I always turned to for impressing new guests was this:

Spicy Prawn Patties


Mango Creme Brulee

I've already shared the recipe for the curry (click on the link above) so I thought I'd share the recipe for the starter.

{Ingredients}

350 g raw peeled king prawns
1 small clove garlic, peeled & crushed (I use garlic paste for ease)
Half a medium red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (again, I use a jar of ready-to-use stuff)
2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled & chopped (you'll see a theme here, but again, I get this in a jar!)
Half a small yellow pepper, deseeded and fairly finely chopped
4 limes
20 g fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1/3 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons flour, for coating
Vegetable oil, for frying
Sweet chilli sauce, to serve

{Method}

Put a third of the prawns and all the garlic, chilli and ginger in a food processor and puree to a fine paste.

Add the rest of the prawns, the yellow pepper, zest of 1 lime, coriander leaves and salt and pulse to chop the prawns (approx 12 pulses).

Divide the mixture into little patties (about 12) and roll in the flour to coat.

Place a frying pan containing vegetable oil over a medium heat, add the patties and fry for about four minutes, turning halfway, until brown and cooked through.

Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce and the remaining limes, quartered.


What I used to do was make the prawn mixture into balls and then skewer them onto a stick of lemongrass for serving. I'd then place the skewer on a bed of rocket and serve this with the sweet chilli sauce and the lime wedges.

I'll share the recipe for the dessert shortly...watch this space :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe - right up my street! Yum

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...