Thursday 21 November 2013

{What's On: Christmas & St Andrew's Day in Glasgow}

The other night I headed to St Enoch Square with a few colleagues to check out the Glasgow Christmas Market. There are 50 amazing stalls with tonnes of different food, drinks and gift ideas. This was my first visit to Glasgow's Christmas Market and I was suitably impressed. The space between the stalls is sufficient for manoeuvring a buggy so if you're visiting with kiddies during the day that definitely won't be an issue (unlike some of the markets I've been to...thinking Stockbridge in Edinburgh). The atmosphere at the Bavarian Beer Bar was fab... I thoroughly enjoyed my wee glass of Gluhwein. And the smell coming from all the different food stalls was amazing!! In the end we went to Bread Meats Bread for dinner, but I definitely will sample some of the food here at the Christmas Market before it closes on 23rd Dec.

Mulled wine at the Bavarian Beer Bar

Keeping with the food theme, the Kiltr Glasgow Street Feastival is also returning this month... Fri 29th (5pm-11pm), Sat 30th November (1pm-11pm) and Sun 1st December (1pm-11pm) at the Barras Art & Design Centre. This time in addition to the street food and DJs there is going to be a Christmas Shop. Check out more info here.


There are still tickets available for It's a Wonderful Life at Glasgow Film Theatre... I'm told this is a must see for a Glaswegian Christmas! 


The end of the month is also St Andrew's Day (30th Nov) and there are a variety of events happening throughout the city that weekend.

Check out the Glasgow Loves Christmas listing here. I know my two little ones would love the film screening of Brave. 


Get in the spirit and Saltire Yourself here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...