Sunday 9 February 2014

{When Glasgow Mummy met #luckydick}

This weekend I stopped by House of Fraser on Buchanan Street to check out the Valentine's pop-up shops, Dick Winters and Gilda & Pearl.


House of Fraser is continuing with their Scottish Design programme and have introduced the luxury lingerie brand Gilda & Pearl and the heritage male underwear brand Dick Winters for two weeks only. 

The backing of the two brands sees the concept of "House of Fraser Presents..." evolve and the company continues to embrace its home grown talent.

I met briefly with Claire and Emma, the duo behind the brand Dick Winters, which is based in Glasgow. We spoke briefly about the company, the boxers and the clever marketing campaign. I had a feel of the material (not on the model, I hasten to add!)... a smooth British microfibre - an Actisystem textile which is apparently very comfortable and breathable. #Luckydick Ryan has also said the boxers wash really well. And at £28 a pair, I think they're reasonable for such a quality product. On the signature waistband at the back there is an silk woven label personalised with the 'dick'.... choose from 'clever dick', 'lucky dick', sporty dick', 'rock dick' and 'old dick'. I think the play on words is rather amusing and really clever! I'm a sucker for packaging as regular readers will know!

I believe both #luckydick and #cleverdick are going to be in store on Friday 14th, so do go in and say Hello!

Glasgow Mummy & #luckydick! (properly embarrassed - look at my red cheeks!!)

Up a level takes you to the luxurious pink pop-up shop of Gilda & Pearl - lingerie to love, made and handfinished in the UK. Again, another Glasgow-based brand, which has been growing considerably since it's launch in 2008.


I had a short interview with Diane, the designer, and I'll share this with you shortly on the blog. Her pieces are beautiful, my favourite is the 'How to Marry a Millionaire' range (again, very clever marketing!) and I adore the big silk bows.



For those of you that are yet to choose Valentine's Day gifts for your other halves... pop into House of Fraser and you'll be sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...