Saturday 10 May 2014

{35 at 35 - talk to somebody famous, check!}

Regular readers will know already about my 35 at 35 list, but for my new followers (hi there *waves*) let me fill you in... When I turned 30 back in January 2012 I set myself a target... 35 items for me to complete by the time I turn 35. The other week when the littlest and I met Myleene Klass at the Mothercare St Enoch Centre launch I was able to check off another item, number 19 "talk to somebody famous".

On the subway on our way into town

Taking a selfie on the subway!!

Myleene was so friendly and absolutely beautiful - as you can see from the pics. She's stunning!

Despite the fact that things were running a little later than schedule (her little helper Jessica decided pulling silly faces was better than smiling for the camera!), Myleene and I chatted for a good while about single parenting, achieving a good work/life balance and Myleene's BabyK range that's now in its 12th season in store at Mothercare.

I asked Myleene what would be her advice to any new mums, and her response was concise:

"mama knows best"

We shared experiences about having the confidence to trust your own instinct and Myleene explained that all grown-ups are different and want different things, which is also applicable for children - it can't be expected for any two to behave/want the same. Makes perfect sense to me!  

Myleene said for her the key to a good work/life balance is prioritisation and being organised, and I couldn't agree more. What I didn't realise was that Myleene did the nursery/school run for her two daughters herself - it's reassuring to hear that a hugely successful single working parent can manage it all.

Myleene complimented the littlest's impeccable behaviour - proud mummy moment for me!

And here we are... let's get the 35 at 35 list updated. What to tick off next??

2 comments:

  1. Well done, and it's got me thinking if I should do a list of 60 things to do before I get to 60!

    Over from the single parent round up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh well done you, i love the idea of this list!!!! I turn 30 this year, so might have to think of a few things to do too... not sure i could handle 35 things though!

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...