Wednesday 23 July 2014

{Bring It On! Glasgow Games Opening Ceremony!!}

Tonight is the official start of Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. How very exciting!!!

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I know two of the cast members that will be on stage tonight for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony.

One of these girls is my gorgeous friend Lorna, and she was lovely enough to take some time out from her busy schedule to share a little on her experiences here with us. Lorna is already mummy to one beautiful little girl, and she has another baby on the way!! So it makes her involvement with the Opening Ceremony even more special!! Thank you Lorna and good luck for tonight!!

Girl's Night Out :-)

Here's her story:

"It's been an amazing experience being part of the cast of the Opening Ceremony. After months of auditions, rehearsals and military organisation the night is finally here! People from all walks of life are taking part - grannies, children and my 5 month old foetus! I'm nervous but not sure if it's butterflies or the baby kicking! There is a real sense of camaraderie and team support. I just hope I don't trip on stage during my routine. Although maybe Rod Stewart will come and help me!

Once the Ceremony is over, I'm looking forward to attending a few events including the 100m final! We were really lucky with tickets; my husband is also going to the wrestling, boxing and judo. Then on my 35th birthday we have tickets to the Closing Ceremony but this time I will be watching all the other performers take to the stage.

There's so much to do in Glasgow over the next couple of weeks, I'm delighted to still be on maternity leave. I plan to take my daughter to Glasgow Green and the Merchant City Festival. I suggest tourists check out the Festival 2014 programme and find themselves a good pub to get the craic with the Glasgow punters!"

With her daughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...