Wednesday 16 July 2014

{Eating Out - Guy's Restaurant}


Tuesday marked the anniversary of my first date with R, and to celebrate we decided to head into town for dinner. I had booked a table for two at Guy's Restaurant in the Merchant City. I've only been to Guy's once before, over 5 years ago though, and R hadn't been before so we were both excited to check out the food on offer! 

From my previous visit I remembered that Guy's is renowned for its ravioli and this was evident in the specials menu that we were given upon arrival. There were four ravioli to choose from as either starter or main. However we decided to stick with the Pre-Theatre Menu, and at £13.95 for 2 courses or £16.95 for 3 it's fantastic value for money with a variety of options to choose from too.



I loved the decor in the restaurant. The comfy sofas at the entrance make it feel very relaxed and homely. As does the sideboard and mirror that features in the restaurant. The staff were also very friendly which all in all made for a lovely atmosphere. 

Starter - Smoked salmon terrine

Starter - macaroni cheese

Main - Glasgow Tapas - steak pie, haggis & neeps, mince & tatties and chips!

Dessert - fruit crumble & custard

Dessert - chocolate fudge cake

All the food was lovely. The Glasgow Tapas is such a novel idea & will be great for the tourists that are here for the Commonwealth Games to sample some local delights. My favourite was the haggis. The custard served with the dessert was also immense. Yum!! Definitely worth a visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...