Tuesday 1 December 2015

Return of the (i)Mac

Hello... you'll be delighted to hear that I had the hard drive replaced on my iMac and it's now back up and running.

I was told on Saturday when I handed it into the Apple Store on Buchanan Street that the repair could take 3-5 days, but low and behold I got an email yesterday to say it was ready for collection. I popped along today after work, and one of the guys was super helpful and carried it back to my car for me! Some great customer service :-)

What's not so great is that I've obviously got to start from scratch...

Thankfully I had been backing up photos and videos manually, but not anything else. So all my music has disappeared from iTunes it would seem and I also can't find iMovie anywhere which is how I used to edit my movies previously.

I also don't have Photoshop anymore or the Microsoft Office for Mac software... argh!

I'll get there, slowly but surely.

I've had a pretty hellish few weeks... I trapped my hand in a door at work which was super painful; I fell down the stairs at my house bashing my elbow in the process and I then bumped my chin on my iMac on Saturday as I was carrying it into the store for its repair. I seem to be pretty clumsy at the moment... not so good.

Anyway, lots has been happening that I need to update you on... bear with me as I get back on top of things again!

Sarah x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...