Saturday 22 June 2013

{Smitten Saturday}

Ever since a little girl I have been smitten with Osborne books. I vividly remember pouring over The Osborne Book of Knowledge which I was given when I was 5 years old in 1987. I still have the book to this day. My son & I like to look at all the animals & then find them on the world map.



The only think I'm not a fan of is their gender specific books. Why does my little girl need to have stickers of fairies and ponies, whilst my little boy has cars and knights? At the moment my son would probably rather have the fairies as he's rather obsessed with purple, pink & Disney princesses. 

I do love the sticker books though, and came across this Doll's House sticker book in Edinburgh (if memory serves me right I bought it in the Dragonfly Gifts shop on Broughton Street).

The illustrations are just gorgeous & I have to admit I didn't want to use it with the children for fear of ruining it!!

This morning we had a little shot and under my supervision (!!) we stuck some of the stickers in place. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I think my daughter did too.

What are you smitten with this week? (Apologies for the late posting of the linky, it's been a hectic week!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...