Tuesday 7 January 2014

{#JanuaryJoy - plan some clean eats}


Yesterday's #JanuaryJoy post was to make your own calendar.  I was feeling absolutely rotten yesterday evening and spent the whole night in bed - so apologies for not joining in. Just so happens I had already organised my calendar, as I had ordered a new family organiser at the start of the year.

Anyway, today's prompt is to plan some clean eats.

This is my cue to get back into Meal Planning. I was doing so well at it last year, but then I moved house and my routine all went to pot. Seems like Michelle over on Florence Finds has a similar idea and has some lovely sounding meal suggestions.

I have a list of meals the kids and I would both enjoy, versus meals that I would have when I'm on my own.

Here's some of my regular occurrences in the food department...

Kids:

  • Meatballs and rice
  • Chicken, leek, pea & pesto pasta
  • Mild chilli with rice & tortilla wraps
  • Macaroni cheese with garlic bread
  • Salmon pasta bake
  • Parmesan chicken with baked beans & veg
  • Sausage casserole
  • Pasta Bolognese
  • Scrambled egg, beans & toast
  • Gammon, mashed potatoes & veg
  • Omelette
  • Tuna pasta
Just Me (if I'm not having dinner at a restaurant, or having take away):
  • Chicken & salad
  • Salmon & salad
  • Soup
  • Baked potato
One of my goals for this year is to eat more real food. I was doing very well with this in the middle of last year, and it really improved my Crohn's symptoms.

I must get back into the way of things, and my motivation has got to be my health.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...