Thursday 8 January 2015

#JanuaryJoy - Get Organised

For the past two years I've taken part in Florence Find's #JanuaryJoy, writing daily posts following Rebecca's prompts. This year it's a slightly different format and instead of daily blog posts she has chosen a smaller number of prompts to tackle as you see fit.


I start a new job next week and my hours will be going up a little. I'm moving into a new role, in a new field. Still science, but I'm going to have a lot to learn and the next few months will be very busy. I've the kids for a start (granted only half the week), a house to clean & laundry to manage, a boyfriend to spend time with, an exercise regimen to keep up with, a garden to maintain and a blog that won't write itself! How am I going to manage? Honestly, I'm slightly concerned that I'm not going to have time for everything.


If I were to set myself a New Year's resolution, then it would be to 'get organised'. (My son's resolution is to play more on the computer - ain't gonna happen!) 

I'm already a pretty organised person, but I need to improve my current systems of working to make better use of my time.

One of my Christmas gifts from Rick was a FiloFax and I can't wait to start using it. (It's still in transit.)


I'm hoping that if I plan well (in my new FiloFax!) then I can keep up with everything.

One of my problem areas is cleaning. There's just always something else I'd rather be doing. Like blogging, or sitting drinking tea!

Once the kids are in bed, the last thing I can be bothered with is picking up a cloth and scrubbing the kitchen, bathroom or wherever!

I do find cleaning easier when there isn't 'stuff' lying around everywhere. And unfortunately at the moment there seems to be 'stuff' everywhere. Chocolates leftover from Christmas in the kitchen, new toys that are yet to find homes in the playroom, mail that's still unopened on my desk...

So one of my first tasks in getting organised is to find homes for everything and declutter a bit.

I've already made progress with this, and earlier this week I managed to successfully put up some Ikea shelving in my hallway/office area and my bedroom.

Next on my list is to find some storage solutions to hide some of the clutter. I'm thinking a few stylish baskets for my new bedroom shelves to hide nail polishes and some jars for make-up brushes.



I'm also going to try and follow some of the tips & advice over on Rock My Style - The Declutter Challenge.

Wish me luck - I'm going to need it!



1 comment:

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...